Construct the required 2 x 2 table with numeric values indicating cases and controls.
October 7, 2022
Prompt: A researcher was doing research to determine whether exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF)/ radiations was associated with breast cancer in women. By reviewing the county disease database collected within a single year in a U.S. metropolitan city the researcher discovered 16 women with breast cancer. A total of 544 other women were randomly selected from the county disease database. Women were given surveys with specific questions regarding exposure to EMF. Among women with breast cancer 5 reported no exposure to EMF; a total of 436 control women were never exposed to EMF.
1. Construct the required 2 x 2 table with numeric values indicating cases and controls.
2. Calculate the measure of association
3. Discuss and interpret the results obtained
4. If you (as a researcher) were to investigate a rare cancer in Chicago, where might you look for data?
5. What would be necessary, legally, and ethically, to be able to utilize this data set(s) obtained, as a researcher?
Cite at least two or more references to support the information you present. Needs to be in APA format.
HomeworkMaven pre-written answers and study guides are crafted by real teachers and professors, so no matter what you're studying they can ease your homework headaches and help you score high on exams.