Discussion Board: Chapter 3
April 6, 2023
Now that you have taken the time to get to know your classmates via the Meet and Greet assignment, it is now time to start considering your advocacy presentation while keeping your classmates AKA your “audience” in mind.
Take a moment to review the following questions:
- How can the “universal audience” be used a check against merely flattering the audience one is addressing?
- Define what is meant by an argument field.
- Imagine you were to give a speech favoring the regulation of handguns in the U.S. Present one fact that you would make present to an audience and one that you would relegate to the background.
- Select and present an argument that you think young audiences would find compelling and that older audiences would reject.
- Present one example of what you consider an “objective fact” and one example of an “obvious truth.”
Criteria for Success
For full credit on this assignment, please choose two questions and write a 100-minimum word response for each. You will also need to reply to two of your peers either providing feedback, clarification (if needed), or an additional example to their response. (50-word minimum)