Does a new framework (such as global goals or changing views) define the social issue as problematic?
October 7, 2022
Describe a social issue in the country you chose in your first paper
and in the United States. Who is affected? Why are these considered social issues or problems in
the country? Do they conflict with the country’s values? Do the social issues break from
traditional practices? If so, in what ways? Does a new framework (such as global goals or
changing views) define the social issue as problematic? If so, identify the new framework and
how it conflicts with traditional or customary practice.
Compare the country policy response to the social issue you described above to the United
● What is the purpose and goal of the policy in the US and the country you are studying?
What is the main outcome of the policy in each country?
● Who is the target population of the policy in each country? How well will the target
population be reached and why? Why is this population being helped by society? Who is
being left out?
● Historically, how has the social issue been viewed in the United States and the country
● What social policy tools are used to implement the policy in each country (e.g. cash
transfers, tax benefits, in-kind, etc…? How is the benefit financed? Does the financing
prohibit some from participating? Is the financing level sufficient?
● What human rights are being violated or not fully recognized by the policy in the US and
the other country?
● What policy recommendations would you make for each country going forward related to
the topic you are focusing on
HomeworkMaven pre-written answers and study guides are crafted by real teachers and professors, so no matter what you're studying they can ease your homework headaches and help you score high on exams.