October 10, 2022
There are several chronic health problems with genetic/genomic components that plague the population. These health problems are very difficult and challenging diseases to manage. Evidenced-based nursing practice must include genetic and genomic information when planning patient care. Nurses, through their knowledge and support, play an important role in positive patient outcomes when managing the challenges of these genetically linked diseases.
Choose one of the following subtopics:
· Pharmacogenomics and chronic illnesses
· Genomics in patient assessment
· Genetically competent care for those with chronic illnesses
Locate at least one scholarly journal article that discusses your subtopic.
Respond to the following:
· Identify your subtopic and provide a brief summary of your journal article on how this topic relates to nursing practice.
· What is the nurse’s role in providing care in relation to your subtopic and the overarching theme of advocacy?
· What ethical implications should be considered with regard to genetics and genomics for nursing practice? Why?
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
Note Initial Post: A 5-paragraph (at least 550 words) response.
Be sure to use evidence from the readings and include in-text citations.
Utilize essay-level writing practice and skills, including the use of transitional material and organizational frames.
Avoid quotes; paraphrase to incorporate evidence into your own writing. A reference list is required. Use the most current evidence (usually ≤ 5 years old).