IHP 340 Peer Review
November 2, 2022
Overview: Peer feedback is an essential part of any research and writing project. In this discussion forum, you will post a portion of your final project to engage in the peer review process. The feedback you receive will help you improve your final project submission, due in this module. Remember to submit your draft of Section II, Part E and Section IV, Part B of your final project by Thursday to the discussion forum. Choose two proposals for peer review. Make sure to offer feedback by Sunday.
Prompt: In your initial post, be sure to include the following critical elements and see the guiding questions below each element to help you in your critique:
Analysis and Evaluation:
- Are the drafts of these sections of the final project articulated clearly?
- Did they identify the data collection and analysis methods used and explain why the methods are appropriate based on the research question?
- Did they discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the type of statistical analysis used and support their discussion with examples from the study?
- What surprises did you find in their drafts of these sections?
- Are there any parts that are confusing? Give specific examples.
- What was your overall impression of the drafts of these sections?
Requirements of Submission: Students are required to post one initial post and to follow up with at least two response posts.
For your initial post (1) you must:
Complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
For your response posts (2) you must:
- Reply to at least two students outside of your own initial post thread.
- Complete the two response posts by Sunday 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone.
- Demonstrate more depth and thought than simply stating that “I agree” or “You are wrong.”