Midterm Writing Assignment
June 15, 2023
Your midterm writing assignment and Final Exam are both part of your proctored event. For these assignments, students will be immersed in a crime scene investigation from start to finish. You, the student, will play the role of Criminal Investigator. Your job is to solve the crime, bringing the suspect to justice, and completing the following tasks in the process:
- Attend the proctored event (Initial Crime Scene) where you will gather evidence from the scene with which to begin formulating your hypothesis and following leads.
- Receive weekly evidence updates and new information which will either refute and/or confirm existing facts and information, or provide new information for follow-up.
- Complete the following paperwork (due dates assigned in yellow):
- Hasty Crime Scene Sketch (from the initial scene), DUE NLT (Sunday, July 2, 2023 @ 1159pm).
- Crime Scene Evidence List (from the initial scene), DUE NLT (Sunday, July 2, 2023 @ 1159pm).
- Crime Scene Entry/Exit Log (from the initial scene), Due NLT (Sunday, July 2, 2023 @ 1159pm).
- Criminal Investigator Notes (chronological order from start of initial crime scene through conclusion and presentation of case for review), DUE NLT (Sunday, July 23, 2023 @ 1159pm).
- Completed Report of Investigation (ROI) from start to finish that answers the following questions;