MKT 265 Final Project I Guidelines
- November 21, 2022
The digital marketing landscape is constantly changing, and companies must be nimble and able to develop, evaluate, and change their digital marketing strategies in a short amount of time. Traditional marketing allowed marketers to create brand messaging and control how it was shared with an audience. But now more than ever, control over what is said about a brand or product has been put into the hands of consumers. The internet, social media, and mobile platforms have given rise to the voice of customers, and marketers have had to adapt.
For your final project, you will select a brand from a provided list and analyze its current digital marketing strategy. Using this written analysis (Final Project I),
you will then develop a digital marketing plan (Final Project II). This plan will show where the brand’s strengths and weaknesses are within its digital marketing presence. Referencing your findings, you will develop recommendations for how the brand can improve its digital marketing strategies and ensure it is using these platforms effectively. This process is vital in the marketing field, as it is through constant review and analysis that marketers are able to make informed decisions regarding strategies.
The project is divided into two milestones, which will be submitted at various points throughout the course to scaffold learning and ensure quality final submissions. These milestones will be submitted in Modules Two and Three. The final product will be submitted in Module Five.
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
- Determine the appropriate digital marketing platforms for supporting effective marketing strategies
- Determine the role of market research in developing strategic digital marketing plans
- Analyze digital marketing campaigns for determining their role in effective marketing communications
- Develop digital marketing plans that align with organizations’ larger marketing strategies
- Examine digital marketing activities for identifying and addressing possible legal and ethical mplications in digital marketing
For your written analysis, you will select a brand and conduct an analysis of the brand’s digital marketing strategies. Using your analysis, you will suggest
improvements and develop the framework for a new digital marketing campaign that communicates the brand’s message.
Select one of the following brands to analyze: