NUR 350AP Module One Didcussion
November 4, 2022
Overview: In this assignment, you will select a community for your final project. You may select either a local or global community. When selecting your community, ensure that is has an emergency preparedness plan in place and available to the public. For this initial discussion, you will be asked to collect and report on geographic and demographic information for your selected community. This will assist you in obtaining a general understanding of the community you will assess and diagnose in the upcoming modules. Consider starting your search with City-Data.com, the Central Intelligence Agency, and The World Bank.
However, there are numerous local, state, and government websites that will help you identify and learn more about your selected community.
Requirements for topic selection discussion board posts:
Students are required to post one initial post and follow up with one peer response post for this discussion board assignment.
For your initial post, you must do the following:
- Compose a post of 1 to 2 paragraphs in which you introduce yourself and then identify your selected community and provide a brief description of that
- In addition, attach a copy or include the link to the community’s emergency preparedness plan.
- Use APA citations and references in your initial post.
- Complete the initial post by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Take into consideration that this assignment will help you toward your final project. Think about what is required in the final project and what content may
- be most important to begin collecting in this module.
- For your peer response post, you must do the following:
- Review your classmates’ posts to find a peer who selected a community similar to yours. Review your peer’s resources, and then reply to that classmate
- outside of your own initial post thread by commenting on the usefulness of those resources for your own community.
- Complete the response post by Sunday 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
- APA citations and references are not necessary in your peer response.