NUR 350AP Module One Journal
November 4, 2022
Overview: In this journal activity, you will reflect on what you know about community and global healthcare, and also on the role of the public health nurse.
There are no right or wrong answers. This journal is meant to be an opportunity to you reflect on what you already know, prior to completing the readings. At the end of the course, you will reflect on these initial thoughts in order to see what ideas have changed and what ideas have remained the same.
Prompt: In your own words, respond to the following questions:
- What is community health?
- What is global health?
- What do you think are the major community health concerns where you live?
- What is the role of the public health nurse within a community?
- What do you think are some of the major global health concerns?
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Define community health in your own words.
- Define global health in your own words.
- Identify major community health concerns where you live.
- Discuss the role of a public health nurse within a community.
- Identify major global health concerns.
Guidelines for Submission: Your journal entry should be 2 to 3 paragraphs in length. Any optional sources should be cited in APA format. Submit journal assignment as a Word document.