Part 3: Some Scientific Explorations
December 11, 2022
Your final task here will be to investigate various scientific ideas on how life could have arisen from non-life. For the sake of simplicity, we will watch one of two lectures (NOTE: you don’t have to watch both unless you want to) by origins of life researchers:
· The Origins of Cellular Life by Origins of Life Research and Nobel Prize winner Jack Szostak
· Assembling Life- How can life begin on Earth and other habitable planets? By Origins of Life Researcher Dave Deamer
After/as you are watching the video answer the following:
1. What are some of the conditions that we have evidence for concerning the early Earth?
2. What are some of the various hypotheses that origins of life researchers have explored?
3. What are some of the successes of origins of life researchers?
4. What are some things that we don’t know about the origins of life?
5. What are some of the approaches origins of life researchers are taking to try and close these gaps in understand?
HomeworkMaven pre-written answers and study guides are crafted by real teachers and professors, so no matter what you're studying they can ease your homework headaches and help you score high on exams.