Provide two reasons why it is very important for a police investigator to routinely critically
June 15, 2023
- Provide two reasons why it is very important for a police investigator to routinely critically
- assess all of the information they encounter.
- Provide two reasons why evidence gathered as part of an investigation must be collected
in a structured way.
- What do we mean when we say that an investigator must be “switched on”?
- In a single sentence, summarize “Locard’s Exchange Th eory”(Petherick, 2010).
- List seven characteristics commonly found in good investigators.
- What are the skills a modern-day offi cer must achieve to respond to events and investigate
- What is the fi rst step in developing an investigative mindset?
- What is the level of forensic knowledge that a modern-day investigator must achieve to
become an eff ective investigator?
- Why must police investigators be mindful of the heuristic shortcuts discussed by Shaw
and Oppenheimer (2008)?
- In addition to heuristic shortcuts, what are the other three negative investigative tendencies
that can become obstacles to successful investigative outcomes?
- Why must investigators be mindful of excessive secrecy?