Select and briefly describe the identified clinical practice problem.
November 5, 2022
clinical practice problem
Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. Select and briefly describe the identified clinical practice problem.
2. Identify the concept most closely related to the practice problem
a. The concept should be one to two words; (e.g., pain, self-efficacy, resilience) that will be used in the DNP project and
congruent with the selected theory.
3. Search Merriam-Webster dictionary for the definition that describes the chosen concept.
4. Search the literature for journal articles related to the concept (do not limit the search to the discipline of nursing).
a. Assignment 2 literature can be used if applicable.
5. Develop a definition for the concept based on a review and synthesis of the literature.
6. Describe the critical attributes of the concept.
7. Discuss the antecedents.
a. Events or incidences that must occur prior to the concept, e.g., adversity leads to the concept of resilience
8. Explain the consequences of the concept
a. Events or incidences that occur as a result of the concept e.g., improved coping, mastery of events.
9. Apply the concept to the identified practice problem.
10. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format.
11. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
12. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
13. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: Do not
use I, we, you, me, our. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
14. Include a minimum of five professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich
Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
15. APA format required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).