BUIS 360 – Chapter 1 Individual Assignment Due by 11:59PM on Tuesday January 4, 2022
Instructions: You are to answer the following questions and complete the following projects based on your review of the chapter material and additional online research. You will not receive credit for this assignment if I have any reason to believe that any of your answers are copied from another source and are not based on your own understanding of the chapter material and the question(s) – no exceptions. These assignments are aimed at enhancing your learning of the subject, assessing your understanding of the material and assisting you in achieving the learning outcomes as stated in the syllabus. Please refer to the following rubric as a guide to submitting successful assignments.
Formula for successful submissions:
1. Clear and accurate answers; insightful, specific.
2. Answers address the questions clearly and fully, showing higher level analysis and synthesis of concepts and uses course vocabulary.
3. All facts are accurate and relate back to the answer. If material/sources other than the text is used, student provided adequate and appropriate citations throughout assignment.
4. Works cited are formatted in the correct APA style.
5. Use of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation; well organized; one idea follows another in a logical sequence with clear transitions; questions stated before answers; format easy to navigate.
Source: Grading Rubric for Written Assignments – From Blackboard Inc. Website: Karen Lynden is a Business Instructor, at the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, whose course won an Exemplary Course Program award. This grading rubric for Writing Assignments includes criteria such as Reasoning and Analysis, Focus, Accuracy of Facts and Citations, MLA, and Mechanics/Organization.
Interactive Session Management – Can You Run the Company With Your iPhone?
Read the case in the chapter and answer the following questions:
1. What kinds of applications are described here? What business functions do they support? How do they improve operational efficiency and decision making?
2. Identify the problems that the business in this case study solved by using mobile digital devices.
3. What kinds of businesses are most likely to benefit from equipping their employees with mobile digital devices such as iPhones and iPads?
4. List and describe six reasons why information systems are so important for business today.
5. Define an information system and describe the activities it performs.
6. If you were setting up the website for a Major League Baseball team, what management, organization and technology issues might you encounter?
Module code and title: MG408 The Graduate Challenge Module leader: Sarah Hill
Assignment No. and type: CW1 Business Report. Assessment weighting: 20%
Submission time and date: All students
Online via Turnitin by 2pm on Friday 29th October 2021. Target feedback time and date: 19th November 2021
A 500 word work on the importance of different business functions to demonstrate core academic skills of evidence based writing and Harvard referencing.
With reference to academic texts, define the role of Marketing, Finance, Operations/Production and Human Resources. Explain the importance of all these functions working together well, with supporting evidence based on successful organisations.
This assignment has been designed to provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your achievement of the following module learning outcomes:
LO 1 Evaluate the importance of different business functions and show how they link together.
LO 3 Develop and appreciate the academic skills and techniques necessary to be a successful undergraduate student.
This assignment requires an evidenced based approach to the discussion of the business functions of organisations help with assignment.
The research materials for this assignment will come from academic text from other course areas outside of the module. For example, from The Business Environment core text by Worthington and Britton (The Internal Environment: Chapter 2) and Principles of Marketing core text Brassington and Pettitt (Introduction: Chapter 1 and ). The use of online sites such as Wikipedia, Businessballs etc are not deemed suitable for use as sources for academic definitions in H.E.
Additionally, credible web-based sources are important to provide evidence to support the points made in your report and use of corporate websites, national news media e.g. BBC News, The Telegraph etc. and trade magazines such as Marketing Week, Forbes etc.is recommended homework help.
The following is the minimum research requirement for this assignment.
• 1 academic textbook
• 4 web-based articles to include use of a corporate web site and a trade or national press article
Referencing and research requirements
Please reference your work according to the Harvard style as defined in Cite Them Right Online (http://www.citethemrightonline.com). This information is also available in book form: Pears, R. and Shields, G. (2019) Cite them right: the essential reference guide. 11th edn. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. Copies are available via the University library.